Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Ultimate Healer


 
8 months 14 days after God said “Alexis, I will instill you with the gift of healing”, a miracle happened.  You can deny me, you can make fun of you, you cannot believe me, but our God still heals. My prayers my thoughts have echoed healing for the past 8 months and today, he did it. He did it.

The night prior to a normal Sunday morning service, my mom told me she wasn’t feeling well. I was prompted to tell her that I would work her nursery position for the next morning so she could sleep in and hopefully feel better. That morning I got a sweet text from my boyfriend, Brandon, we were both full of Joy to see what God was going to do this week. Brandon had taken on the challenge to pray that I would have an opportunity to heal that week, and I knew he had been praying about that, although it wasn’t the first thing on my mind that morning! I arrived at the church, prepared to hold some babies and sing lullabies, little did I know what Christ had in store for me that day. When I went into nursery, the coordinator informed me that she had filled the position and I wasn’t needed. I decided to go to the service instead with my dad, I waited until he arrived and then went into service with him. He asked me to pick between two rows, I picked and we sat down. When the worship set finished I heard a women behind me cough. From the first sound of her lungs God opened my heart and I knew that she needed to be healed. As I turned slightly to see what God had in store, I saw a woman carrying a breathing tube and looking as though she was struggling to breath. The duration of the service was a blur, I prayed, I worshiped, and I set my heart for a healing. The second the worship leader said goodbye I grabbed my water bottle and waited for the women at the door. From here, the Spirit took over.

“Hi, my name is Lexi!” I said nervously. She replied, “Hello, my name is Susan.” “Nice to meet you, Is this your first time at Cornerstone?” “No, I was baptized here!” “ Wow, that’s great! Susan, God told me that I needed to pray for you this morning, so could I do that?” “Sure” she replied, “but first I need to use the restroom,” I laughed, “okay, I will wait for you.” She went into the restroom, and I prepared myself best I could. She came back and I said, “Our God is a God of healing.” She said, “Yes he is!” “God had given me the gift of healing, and today I believe that you will be healed. Can you please list the medical conditions that you are struggling with?” First, I received a blank stare and then amazement in her eyes. “Wow, okay! Well I have struggled with breathing. My lungs are breathing in a gas that they aren’t supposed to and my heart is not working properly, my back is in such pain.” “Alright, well God wants me to humble myself and so if you could sit down so I could kneel. “ She sat in a chair and I kneeled, I placed my hands on her, and for probably about five minutes I closed my eyes and Jesus spoke, tears ran down my face. I looked up to see several individuals staring at us on their way into church, but it was just me and Jesus. I looked at her and she was amazed. She said,  I need you to pray for protection, I’m scared of this man that hurt me and that’s why I’m struggling to breath.” Round two, I went into the same rhythm of prayer. Both Susan and I devoted our hearts to the power of God. I heard several coughs this time, and a clearing of the throat. I said Amen, and she looked me straight in the eyes and said, “I can breathe, it’s clear. My back doesn’t hurt, and my heart feels amazing!” I burst into tears, I hugged her, she hugged me and I could not stop repeating, “Praise God! Praise God! She said,“ I love you, thank you! I love you Jesus!”  

My words are beyond inadequate to share how my heart rejoiced. He is the ultimate healer. We doubt his power. If Brandon had not prayed for me, if my mom had not been sick and unable to go to first service, if I would have been needed in nursery, if I hadn’t waited for my Dad, if I didn’t pick that row to sit in,  then I would have missed it. I almost missed an opportunity to use my spiritual gift to bring faith and belief in the king of kings.

I’m not going to say I don’t care if you believe me, because I do. I want you to know that we serve a living God. We serve a Jesus that performed healings. The Christ that brought faith to great numbers of people through miracles. The one that offers His followers spiritual gifts to help grow the kingdom. My heart hurts for those who don’t believe me, for you are missing out on the most incredible, intimate relationship with the creator.  

My beloved Jesus,

I want you more. I want you more than anything the world can temporarily give me today. Thank you for working through me and in me to create such an incredible moment for my faith. I long for you , I thirst for you. You are they most valuable, the first in my heart. Lord, I give you everything. You are worthy of every ounce of glory that I can squeeze out of this. Help me to praise you earnestly when I have nothing, and when I have everything. For in you, I am always beautiful.

Your admiring daughter,
Lexi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment