Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I Am No Hero - Coming Home

I've realized something from my return to the states. I realized that my heart beats differently, literally. I've realized that with each breath, comes a burden and longing for each one of Gods children. I can hardly go an hour without tears for my babies, for his sons and daughters. Every fiber in me misses the smiles and laughs shared, the bonds and the fellowship that were shaped, and the love that abounded. I have to remember though that those feelings and spiritual connections are not gone. They are as strong as ever with each prayer, thought, and advancement of the kingdom. I am thankful for every second that our team had in Kitwe, and know that God not only encouraged the Sara Rose Foundation of Zambia, but the Cornerstone Church and family of Arizona.

I am so excited to share more stories of the spiritual journey we encountered, but I have one fear.  I want to release this fear though, and live for the glory of Christ. My fear is that you, my loving family, friends, brothers and sisters will see me and the team as "heroes". How incorrect this would be, for I am no hero. Although this trip was out of my comfort zone, stole my heart, and changed every perspective I've ever had. I am no greater than a servant of Christ. As we share our stories, and our hope for future ministry I wish that every word of praise would be to our Father. For it is rightfully his, nothing is done without his compassionate soul inside of us. He lead, we followed. It is such a simple statement to say, but has an infinite amount of meaning. My prayer is that every answer, every story, every tear would come from my humbled heart and that he would shine, not me.

Dearest Daddy,

I pray that every beat of my heart sings for your kingdom come, and your will be done. Continue to burden my heart for the least of these. Give me the grace needed to care for every child, not just those 9,800 miles away. Allow me to find rest in your arms as I hurt for your hungry children. Let every word be humble, and meek Lord. Instill a gentle and quiet Spirit inside of me, for you say that shall never be destroyed. Please, King Jesus give me the strength I need to listen to your call for my life, I offer my dreams to you Lord. Alter them, change them, and make me into the servant I was made to be. Thank you for preparing this moment for me Lord, and leading. I will follow.

 Amen, and in thankfulness :

Your Admiring Daughter


No comments:

Post a Comment