Friday, July 11, 2014

Precious Life -Africa Day 1

I am in Africa, beautiful, cultural, genuine Africa. When our plane landed in Johannesburg it was freezing about 1 degree Celsius. We then flew to Ndola, a little warmer and drove to Kitwe, which is cool in the mornings and nights but perfect during the day. Last night we settled into our rooms at the hotel and met for dinner in there outdoor dining room. One for the hotel workers named Charles came to our room to get our orders for the Chef. We enjoyed a lovely meal, I had a ham and cheese sandwich with some vegetables. We then returned to our rooms for a much needed rest. I feel asleep, about 27 seconds after I hit the pillow and woke at 6:30. The team met for breakfast at the indoor dining hall and were fed a traditional Zambian real fast consisting of fried eggs, toast, tomatoes, ham, sausage, baked beans an some kind of other brown and onion mush that none of us were brave enough to try.

We then set out for the day in a small van driven, as if it were a race car, by Pastor Edward. We then picked up his beautiful wife Barbra and headed to the Silent Vioces Crisis pregnancy center. We got the grand tour, and received lots of amazing information about the ministry. They began in 1988 as the first Zambian Pregnancy center, sense then they have preached the good news and have been pro life, saving around 6,000 precious children of God. 

After that, we drove to the Sara Rose foundation Orphanedge where I fell in love 31 times, with each warm, dark, hand I held. These children took a piece of my heart from the second I looked them in the eyes. My two main companions Jophina and Juliet led me around, proudly showing me the old metal bunk beds they slept in. Watching there thankful faces, showing me where they eat and shower, I had a quiet moment when I needed to shed a tear. I only had an hour with them yet they blessed my life richly. At one point I was crowded in the school room with about 20 other children. Each child was writing names, letters, and numbers on the chalckboard all shouting " teacher!" "Teacher Lessi" " look" look" as each one pulled and tugged on me I would look down and say something around the lines of " wonderful, I'm so proud of you!" An hour that's all it took, and I'm hooked on loving on these kids! 

What an example that The Lord set for me today, he taught me every life and breath is precious. No matter where you live, love is the common thread. We want to be loved and to love. We want our Heavenly Father to look down and say "wonderful, I'm so proud of you! " 

The day is wrapping up and Edward and Barbra took us to te Pick and Pay ( Zambia's Walmart) for water, soda, and batteries. Next store there was a nice Chinese Restraunt where we decided to eat. So strange I know, Chinese in Africa? Surprisingly it was very good, and there are a lot of Chinnese buisnesses here. After that, we were returned to our hotel, at 6:30 we are going to brief about the day and sleep. Tomorrow comes with more ministry as we seek Christ in humility and faith. Thank you for your prayers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment